Saturday, November 6, 2010

Cancelling an Order on Etsy

Alright, I'm going to go ahead and cancel the order. It's a disappointing first experience but I really hope that person comes back! I'm doing it as I write this so I can give a step by step of what I do. Perhaps so others will know...but more likely so I'll remember for next time. Yes, I'm selfish like that...

I went to my etsy, and under "Orders" on the left hand side was a link "Cancel an Order," which will take you here.

I relisted it first so that I wouldn't lose any information, then I went to the invoice section of the sold order and cancelled the transaction. I didn't leave feedback since I never heard from the buyer, but I did send her a message within the cancellation thanking her and telling her if she still wants a purse, to please come back.

I would think this is good costumer service. She may not have known how to buy and may not check her mail obsessively every day...like I do. I always like to give people the benefit of the doubt anyway.

SO now, the last thing I've done to finish this little unpleasant business is to cancel the invoice I sent from paypal. This I did by going to paypal. Under "Order Status" is a menu that says "remind." Click that and it'll give you an option to cancel.

AND DONE.

Alright, now it probably really will take me several months to get a bite, but you know, that's business. I just want to keep making things, keep posting, and if someone thinks they're worth buying, then as we say in Oklahoma...YEEE HAAAAW!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment